The Superbowl is this Saturday and I’m hyped!! I love football and I soo hope that the Eagles give the Patriots a run for their money! Aren’t we all tired of seeing them win the Super Bowl!? I know that I am. So, around my house, everyone knows that I love doing DIY’s and hosting parties for myself and others to have a great time. So I turned my house into a fun football themed homegate. (like tailgate, but since it’s at home, a homegate) hahaha anyways, I spent about $94 in total on decor, desserts, and food and it all looks so cute and Kevin loved it. He also enjoyed helping make the desserts for the party. Below I will share some ideas and tips I found on Pinterest that were super easy and quick to do! It will have your friends for sure talking about how cute your decor was and even the few treats that they get to eat. 🙂
There’s a party supply store called Party Supply Warehouse here in Las Vegas. It is one of my all-time favorite party supply stores! They have decorations for any party theme that you may need for very reasonable prices. I Picked up some decorations plates and cutlery from there and also Wal-Mart, Party City, and Hobby Lobby. I used a lot of things that I already had at home as well.
1. I used yellow napkins that I already had at home as the penalty flags that I put in a black dollar bucket that I also already had from party city.
2. I bought a roll of black paper from Micheal’s that I used to make the backdrop for the dessert table. I simply drew plays that Vincent says kind of makes sense but really don’t. Haha (if you are looking for perfection ..feel free to Google plays that you can draw on your backdrop.)
3. My great friend over at Neshas’ Sweet Cakery helped myself and Kevin with the desserts she made the cupcakes and showed us how to make the rest so that we could have some mom and me time. She makes some delicious cheesecake treats!
4. I had some miniature mason jars that I painted and they held our utensils. They were a great staple piece. Super cute and I love painting.
5.for the dessert table I used peanut butter and chocolate wafers and drew lines on them with vanilla icing in a piping bag, Oreo cookies, Kevin’s favorite chocolate covered strawberries, we made cocoa flavored Rice Krispie Treats and attempted to shape them into footballs. Haha, that was so much fun! And also baked brownies and cut them into football (like) shapes. We topped the table off with bbq lays potato chips, some kettle popcorn, which was a major hit, some salted peanuts that Kevin was not willing to share, and pretzel sticks. It was very inexpensive and the party guests could not stop taking pics of it.
6. For the table centerpieces, I bought Astros turf like rug material from Lowe’s and cut it into small squares. It turned out so cute with my goal posts added to it and football confetti.
Whether you’re throwing a party or just watching the game with your family and want some cool football decor, I hope these ideas bring out your creativity for your game day homegate decor. Tag me in your photos or leave your URL for me to check out yours.